- Thanks to the coarse coconut structure, the COGR board has the unique property of being able to absorb large amounts of nutrients, moisture and air simultaneously, which are made immediately available to the plant.
- This makes the medium superior to all other growing media, promoting faster root development and higher yields.
- COGr boards are ideal for transportation. They are delivered in dried and pressed form. In this form, they only weigh less than 2 kilograms.
Please read the ‘Directions of Use’ below carefully. Convince yourself of the superior properties of this top quality, professional product.
- COGr boards are pressed and delivered dry, which facilitates transportation and storage, see (1).
- In order to prepare them for use, the COGr boards must first be soaked and buffered in the specially prepared CANNA COGr Buffer Agent.The boards will increase in volume, see (2).
- Dilute the COGr Buffering Agent with water in the ratio 1:500 and adjust the pH to 5.5-5.8.
- Add ± 12.5 litres of diluted buffering liquid per COGr board, using a watering can or hose, see (3).
- Drainage slits are made either before or after the COGr buffering agent has been added, depending on which system you use, see (4).
- Leave the COGr in the COGr buffering agent for 24 hours to allow for total conditioning. Allow the excess moisture to drain from the slab and then make holes for the plant, see (5).
- The COGr is now ready to be planted, see (1).
- As soon as the plants are in the slab, we recommend that you use CANNA RHIZOTONIC. This stimulates root growth and facilitates rooting within the slab. More vigorous plants are formed, yielding a more productive plant. RHIZOTONIC can be added by spraying the leaves. It can be administered using a watering-can or a drip irrigation system, see (2).
- Start with COGr Vega with an EC of 1.5 mS/cm2, pH 5.5-5.8. See (3).
- Once the plants have developed a good root structure, the dilution should be raised to 1:250. Recommended EC:1.8-2.4 mS/cm2, depending on the quality of the water and its EC.
- Use COGr Vega up to and including the first 2-3 weeks of the flowering period (12 hours light/darkness). Once growth has peaked and flower formation begins, it is time to start using COGr Flores (dilution 1:250; EC 1.8-2.7 mS/cm2; pH 5.5-5.8). See (1).
- During flowering, the plant needs more phosphate and potassium which can be supplied by adding CANNA PK 13/14 for one week, 3 weeks before harvesting. Result: extra yield. see (2).
- Stop giving COGr Flores a week before harvesting.
- Just give water and CANNAZYM during the last week.
Due to its solid structure, COGr can be reused 3 times without any problems or quality loss.
- Harvest the plant and remove the plant remains above potting mix level, see (1).
- Rinse the COGr boards thoroughly with a double dose of CANNAZYM and allow it to rest for 24 hours, see (2).
- COGr Buffering Agent is no longer necessary, so you can begin planting immediately, see (3).
Growing on COGr in pots
If you want to use COGr boards in pots, just simply buffer the slabs in the normal way and empty the contents out into pots. You can dilute a 1 Litre pack of COGr buffering agent to 500 Litres. A 2 litre pack of CANNA COGr nutrients (1 Litre A, 1 Litre B) make up 250 litres of full strength nutrient.
- When cultivating in plant trays with a sealable drainage system, it is easier to begin by making the drainage incisions, then turning over the COGr and filling the plant container with the buffering solution.
- Right from the start, you can add CANNAZYM to the feeding. CANNAZYM breaks down dead roots, provides more air in the slab, prevents plant diseases, stimulates the soil’s micro-life and makes extra nutrients available to the roots. CANNAZYM can be given continuously with the feeding (dilution 1:400) or once a week(dilution 1:100). Furthermore, CANNAZYM increases the re-usage possibilities of the COGr.